On today’s Griddlesode, I have a story that longtime listeners have heard bits and pieces of, but they’ve never heard them all put together. It’s a story called: Griddlecakes Radio: The Birth of a Podcast.
The music in this Griddlesode was licensed from Audiio.com. In order of appearance are:
- Hit the Ground Running, by Ryan Prewett
- Can’t Help But Smile, By Kidpenny
- War of the Worlds, 1938 Broadcast presented by Orson Welles
- Glow-Coat Advertisement
- Fibber McGee and Mollie
- The Shadow
- Round Round World. Stan Freberg Presents the United States of America: Volume 1
- James Bond Spoof: Tip Of The Freberg: The Stan Freberg Collection 1951-1998 Set & VHS Video, Disc 4 Track 6.
- Stretching the imagination (Radio Advertising Ad); Tip Of The Freberg: The Stan Freberg Collection 1951-1998 Set & VHS Video, Disc 4 Track 6.
- Freberg describes the Stretching the Imagination: Liner notes from Tip Of The Freberg: The Stan Freberg Collection 1951-1998 Set & VHS Video
- The Infamous “War of the Worlds” Radio Broadcast Was a Magnificent Fluke
- “War of the Worlds” Radio Broadcast Causes Panic
- “Stan Freberg Presents the United States of America, Vol. 1: The Early Years”–Stan Freberg (1961)
- Photo Credit: Liberman, Howard, photographer. “You Can’t Do Business With Hitler.” Rehearsing for the radio show “You Can’t Do Business With Hitler” are John Flynn and Virginia Moore. This series of programs, broadcast at least once weekly by more than 790 radio stations in America, is written and produced by the radio section of the Office of War Information OWI. United States, 1942. ?. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017697734/. Colorized using DeOldifyer)